COVID-19 Coronavirus Update: Gov. Brown Mandate suspends all elective dental treatment until June 15th.
To our wonderful patients:
First and foremost, we hope you all are staying healthy and smiling as much as possible during this trying time.
As you know we have suspended all cleanings and elective treatment. As of March 19th we received an order from our Governor to cease all non-emergency procedures in order to limit the spread of the virus and preserve personal protective equipment until JUNE 15th, 2020.
You are allowed to venture out to a dental appointment during Oregon’s “shelter in place” order.
Dr. Sam and Dr. Ben will still be at the office with Kasteal and Kirby taking care of your emergency and urgent dental needs. If you have any questions please call.
We are doing everything we can to help with this crisis, which includes being here for all of our patients and any person in our community in need of emergency dental treatment. We urge you and anyone you know experiencing dental pain to call on us and avoid emergency rooms.
What this means for you:
We will be suspending all cleanings and elective procedures until June 15th.
We are here for your dental emergencies and urgent dental needs. A basic definition of a dental emergency is any orally-related pain, swelling, trauma or abscess. This includes tooth fractures, dental caries (cavities) with associated pain or proximity to pulp, plus denture adjustments and ortho wire/appliance snipping if needed due to ulceration.
MATTSON HELLICKSON DENTAL’S INCREASED SANITATION PROTOCOL FOR THE FORESEEABLE FUTURE:
1. FRONT COUNTER WIPE DOWN AFTER EACH PATIENT
2. TEMPORAL/ INFRARED TEMPERATURE TAKEN ON EACH PATIENT
3. PATIENT’S WILL BE GIVEN A 1% HYDROGEN PEROXIDE RINSE BEFORE TREATMENT
4. PATIENT’S TAKEN BACK TO TREATMENT ASAP, WE WILL NOT HAVE ANYONE WAITING IN OUR LOBBY
5. OUTDOOR PATIO WAITING ROOM MAY BE AVAILABLE IF NEEDED AND SOCIAL DISTANCING CAN BE OBSERVED (WEATHER PERMITTING)
6. OPTION TO STAY IN CAR AS WAITING ROOM AND WE WILL CALL YOU TO COME IN WHEN READY
7. WHEN WE ARE ABLE TO PERFORM DENTAL CLEANINGS WE WILL NOT USE:
- CAVITRON/ULTRASONIC CLEANING INSTRUMENTS
- ROTARY POLISHING AT END OF CLEANING